Saturday, October 4, 2014

Friendly Forest Creatures

Overheard in my classroom today.... (not really today; archiving the oldies but goodies...)
(Background...I lent a plastic animal figurine to one of the dean's kids for a school diorama project. She stopped in during class to say thanks.)
Me: You guys know that I have all those random plastic toys behind my desk. So they wanted to borrow a forest animal, and I just happened to have the exact animal that they wanted. A river otter. So my river otter is living in the kindergarten class right now.
Student: Was it a live river otter, or a fake one?
Me: *crickets chirping*
DISCLOSURE: No, I do not have live river otters (or any other friendly forest creatures) living in my filing cabinet.
EPILOGUE: Same student claimed to have seen live river otters for sale at PetCo. Pretty sure they were ferrets...


No comments:

Post a Comment