Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Apparently We Need to Focus on Empathy

Two small things from today:

First of all, a student said (creepily), "When you die, I'm going to scatter your ashes as far away from me as possible."  She had just given me a slushy, however, so I'm hoping that I have nothing to worry about from her.

Secondly, we were watching E.T. in class today to study product placement.  Yes, really.  We got to the scene where E.T. is dying and Elliot is crying, and a girl starts laughing.  LAUGHING.  I gave her the stink eye, and she said, "I can't help it!  It's just so cheesy!"  Some of the other kids turn around and told her to be quiet, but one kid announced, "I don't care if he dies!  It's just a movie."

It's going to be a looooooong ten days...


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete