Friday, February 12, 2016

Jedi Masters

I bought a new toy recently. Yes, I am aware that I am 41 years old. But when you find the Yoda Jedi Trainer on sale, you don't pass up that opportunity for chaos and anarchy in your classroom. Here's what it looks like in action:
Well, not in action exactly, but you get the point.  It talks, spins, and hits you with the lightsaber.  Epic.

Today was a professional development meeting. In order to amuse myself during long meetings, I like to bring props. So of course, Jedi Master Yoda had to join our table in the gym. I did not realize, however, that the middle school teachers were only spending a few minutes in the gym before heading off to a meeting in the computer lab for the rest of the morning. I didn't have enough hands to carry Yoda and my coffee, so I figured that Yoda could stand guard over our table while we were gone. 

You would think I would learn. TRUST NO ONE! 

When I came back to the gym after the morning meeting, Yoda was nowhere to be seen.  In a blind panic, I shrieked, "Where's Master Yoda?" like a little girl. 

Silence.

Then one of the kindergarten teachers, who had stayed behind in the gym for the morning meeting, drawled, "Can't you use the Force to find him?"

I may have asked for that. So I changed tactics and started looking around the gym. How hard can it be to find an 18" green guy with a lightsaber? 


Friends, I have been SCHOOLED!

No comments:

Post a Comment