Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Feeding Frenzy

At the end of the day, I was encouraging a straggling student to gather his plentitude of belongings so we could go outside...

Me: Let's go! Everyone else is outside already!

Student: I'm coming, just wait a second. I have to pack up my book about feeding piranhas.

Because apparently pet piranhas are a thing now.

But then I remembered another moment of joy today, which seemed unrelated at first. I made the piranha connection and all was right with the world!  During snack time, I was eating Cap'n Crunch Berries directly from the box. Like you do. I was actually standing by my teammate's room and I asked her if I could throw some Crunch Berries at the students in her room. Being my teammate, of course she agreed that it would be a brilliant idea. So I proceeded to pelt an unsuspecting kid with cereal. Once the other kids saw what I was doing, they all clamored to be pelted with cereal as well. Like you do. Rather than pelt them all individually, I made the rash decision to throw a handful of Crunch Berries into the air. 

It was as if I had thrown gold pieces at them.  There was great jumping and leaping and shoving and falling on the floor to claim the coveted Berries of Crunch. The students crammed the berries into their mouths while my teammate and I laughed hysterically.

So the theme of the day was piranha, unbeknownst to me. I am hoping for narwhals tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. I remember that I was in the class trying to get the cereal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that I was in the class trying to get the cereal

    ReplyDelete