Wednesday, November 16, 2016

99 Luftballons

Okay, there weren't 99 balloons, and they certainly weren't all red.  But there were plenty of balloons and streamers attached to my door last week for my birthday by my wonderful teammates (thanks again, teamies!)

The decorations haven't been removed due to my laziness my desire to force everyone to celebrate my birthday all month.  Two balloons did have to be removed, however, because I couldn't open the door all the way.  If you have met seventh graders, you understand that the door needs to be able to open all the way while you are monitoring them from the hall.  The balloons that I removed were hung inside my room on my closet door in a rather festive manner.  I noticed today that one of them was looking pretty puny, but I didn't have time care enough to deflate it and throw it away.

During my second block class, a student was apparently saddened by the sorry state of the balloon.  I looked up to find him standing in the back by the closet.  PETTING THE BALLOON.

"What on earth are you doing?" I demanded.

"I just couldn't help it!" he cried.  "The balloon just looks--so sad!  I thought it needed a friend!  If the balloon can't have a friend, then no one can!"


I am a monster, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment